Experienced .NET Developer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Microsoft .NET Application Developer.
Experienced .NET Developer to analyze, design, and develop custom web application for APL's Timekeeping and Performance Management.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Analyze, design and develop custom .NET/SQL web application for Timekeeping and Labor Distribution applications. (70%)
- Provide functional and technical support for enterprise applications in production. (30%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software analysis and development experience with knowledge and experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- At least 3 years of enterprise application support and maintenance experience.
- At least 3 years of working with Visual Studio (2012 or higher)
- At least 3 years of in-depth experience with the following server-side technologies: NET, .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, NHibernate, etc.
- Possess detailed understanding of Relational Database design and architecture, including complex SQL, Stored Procedures, triggers and packages. Experience with both T-SQL and PL/SQL preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Collaborate and communicate effectively with the development team, server and database administrators, as well as customers.
Please include URLs of work samples with resume.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Software configuration management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, or GForge.
- Knowledge or working experience with .NET Core
- Use of Dependency Injection in prior work.
- Deploying and supporting software in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows, Macintosh, Unix/Linux)
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top