Enterprise Asset Management Section Supervisor
Job Summary: Serve as the Enterprise Asset Management Section Supervisor leading a section of 8 staff as well as supervising the operation of the Laboratory’s Enterprise Asset Management function.
- Supervise the operation of the Laboratory’s Enterprise Asset Management function in accordance with FAR, regulations and voluntary consensus standards to maintain an approved Government Property system, this includes ensuring that all property management hardware and software is maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Lead a section of 8 staff. Responsibilities include staff skill and career development, interviewing and hiring, coaching, assigning roles and responsibilities, providing feedback and counseling, handling performance management and disciplinary processes.
- Provide technical advice/support to management, contract/sub-contract personnel, technical staff, property administrators and associates in all matters related to the management of property.
- Maintain and develop property related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), various FAR supplements, voluntary consensus standards and leading industry practices. Stay current in the field of property management, and incorporate changes and revisions in a timely manner.
- Interface and interact with internal, external and/or regulatory auditors to ensure APL maintains a compliant property management system. Insure property management activities remain current and ongoing.
- Ensure reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with contractual terms and conditions. Provide back-up to the Group Supervisor as needed.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 3 plus years in the field of asset management.
- Familiarity with aspects of life cycle management for all property (regardless of ownership, cost or location).
- Demonstrated experience with working within a multi-contracting environment to include the FAR, FAR Supplements and voluntary consensus standards.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organization skills, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Detailed oriented individual capable of managing and supervising multiple work assignments while dealing in a positive, effective manner with divergent points of view.
- Experience with hiring, training, performance management and coaching staff
- Strong PC skills especially with Microsoft Office Application including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- NPMA certification level of CPPA or higher
- Knowledge of AssetSmart PEMS module
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top