Engineer/Analyst for ISRT Scientific Applications
Are you interested in researching, developing, and analyzinginnovative ways to produce impactful information from many different types ofsensors and sources of data?
Do you want to advance US defense capabilities inIntelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking a creative engineer and/or quantitativeanalyst to help us conceptualize, develop, test, assess, and field the nextgeneration of ISRT and Counter-ISRT capabilities for the US military. Our engineers and analysts apply diversedisciplines such as sensor and data fusion, signal and image processing,operations research, applied physics, and artificial intelligence to buildsystems that automatically or autonomously orchestrate sensors, process datainto information, and make intelligent inferences and predictions about complexthreats and environments. Our workenables the US military to neutralize a wider variety of serious threats fromsafer distances than they could otherwise accomplish; improves the safety,survivability, and effectiveness of US air, naval, and ground forces; anddisrupts the ability of potential adversaries to threaten our forces.
As an Engineer/Analyst for ISRT Scientific Applications ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to contributeto teams developing algorithms, mathematical-physical models, and prototypesoftware for ISRT applications.
- You will contribute to teams developing newsignal processing, image processing, multi-sensor data fusion, and multi-sensorresource optimization techniques.
- You will contribute to teams developing newmodeling, simulation, and analytical methods and tools.
- You will contribute to teams developing andanalyzing new ISRT concepts and architectures.
- You will contribute to field tests andexperiments, including planning, execution, and data analysis.
- You will document and present your results to projectleads, sponsors, and technical workshops and conferences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or other related field.
- Have at least one year of work experience, or significant internship experience, in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience developing scientific and engineering applications in programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C , and Java and in Linux environments.
- Have strong inter-personal and written communications skills.
- Have the ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Have the ability to multi-task, support multiple, concurrent projects, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Are willing and able to work a portion of the time in secure, closed areas and travel occasionally to government sites and contractor facilities (local and non-local).
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI-level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Master's degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or other related field.
- Have at least three years of work experience in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience with signal and image processing, data fusion, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, pattern recognition, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Have domain knowledge in ISR processes, systems, platforms, and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
- Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI-level security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top