Embedded Systems Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer.
Job Summary: The Electrical Engineering Systems Analysis and Design Group with the Research and Exploratory Development Department is seeking a highly skilled and motivated embedded systems engineer who is interested in working on a high energy, collaborative team that creates novel embedded systems for a variety of applications. Hardware and software engineering expertise will be applied, and a variety of system modeling tools will be employed to design, simulate, and implement these systems.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Electronic design, including systems, circuits, modeling, simulation, and testing (80%)
- System requirements derivation, training, and travel for field work (10%)
- System documentation as required, writing and presenting papers internally and externally (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- BSEE degree
- Experience with embedded hardware and software development, and design/test of hardware/software systems.
- Fluent with C and VHDL or Verilog.
- Hands on experience designing and prototyping electronic circuitry that employs FPGAs, DSP processors, microcontrollers, sensors, and power supplies.
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools like SIMULINK.
- Familiarity with the operation of test and measurement equipment for electronic systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to document and publish designs and results.
- MSEE degree
- Experience with Linux and real time operating systems.
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in analog circuit design and simulation
Special Working Conditions: Occasional work in closed areas and cleanroom facilities.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government secret security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top