Embedded Signal Processing Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you a hands-on engineer that enjoys developing and fielding groundbreaking electronics systems?
Do you consider yourself to be a team player that embraces challenges, adapts to dynamic changing environments, and is continually looking to advance your technical skills?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team...
The Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group at APL is seeking an electrical/computer engineer with an understanding of signal processing and embedded software design and development to help us rapidly develop field-able, autonomous sensor systems. We adopt new technology to envision tomorrow's solutions for a diverse set of government organizations. We develop sensor systems to collect information in some of the most austere environments around the globe that help our partners complete their mission. Come join our multi-disciplinary team or engineers and support staff working in state-of-the art labs on our main campus in Laurel, MD.
As an Embedded Signal Processing Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be developing software based on state-of-the art algorithms for RF and acoustic communications and sensor systems,
- You will apply your digital signal processing understanding in developing applications for maritime, terrestrial, and avionics sensor systems,\
- You will embed algorithms in real-time operating systems (RTOS), using C, and C ,
- You will conduct laboratory and field testing of your embedded platforms,
- You will document system development, engineering analysis and testing consistent with quality requirements and present information to review teams.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a B.S. Degree in Electrical or Computer engineering or related field of study.
- Have 2 years of related experience in embedded programming and signal processing.
- Have demonstrated an ability and willingness to multi-task across several projects and work independently in small teams while meeting quick turnaround demands.
- Are willing and able to work in classified laboratories and exotic places like the desert, mountains, or oceans to conduct field testing for 15% of your time.
- Can interact effectively with team members of different experience levels and backgrounds.
- Have the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance and meet the final adjudication requirements for a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subjected to a government security clearance investigation and be able to meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a M.S. Degree in Electrical or Computer engineering or related field of study.
- Have 5 years related experience in industry or military.
- Hold an active Top Secret level clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top