Embedded Intelligent Systems Software Engineer
Job Summary: Develop, implement and test complex resiliency algorithms in a real-time embedded environment, and to help define, develop, implement and test software that implements spacecraft fault protection. Applications include spacecraft flight software, simulation software, and software that implements spacecraft fault protection and resiliency. Provide significant contributions in all aspects of software engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and documentation.
- Develop prototype code using RTEMS and VxWorks operating systems.
- Define, develop, implement and test fault protection and resiliency software and algorithms.
- Investigate GPU, neuromorphics, and other parallelization techniques to optimize on-board capabilities.
- Assist in new business development and collaborations.
You should have:
- B.S.Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10 or more years experience in embedded software development, flight software development, spacecraft autonomy, and image processing.
- Experience working and successfully leading a development team that are off-site, utilizing off-site collaboration tools.
- Experience using software repositories, bug tracking systems, and static analysis integration into a continuous integration build process.
- Experience building HWIL testbeds using camera hardware as well as camera simulations for system testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with VxWorks, RTEMS, Linux, and QNX operating systems.
Would be nice to have:
- M.S.Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Involvement in full life cycle software development from requirements, design, implementation, debugging to integration and testing, developing user guides and supporting product deliveries.
- Experience with integration of SIMULINK modules into a real-time flight software application.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java, Python and shell scripts.
- Experience with MATLAB simulations, integration into a testbed, and algorithm validation.
- Experience and interest in developing new business relationships and proposal writing.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top