Embedded FPGA Developer
The Radar and Electronic Warfare Systems Development Group has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level/early career Electrical Engineer with signal processing acumen and passion for embedded development who is motivated to make critical contributions to our nation's defense by developing software and hardware for next generation systems.
You will develop leading edge innovative components, with primary focus on the development of new concepts and software/hardware implementations for SDR applications including cognitive radio, cognitive EW, radar, digital beamforming, distributed sensing and machine learning. The ideal candidate will gain experience in application area of EW in embedding algorithms into FPGA-based software-defined radios (SDR) and general purpose processors (GPP). Future RF systems will produce gigabyte-per-second amounts of data requiring innovative new approaches in real-time signal processing.
As an Embedded FPGA Developer...
- Your primary role will be developing new concepts and prototypes for FPGA and Software applications in communications, radar and EW.
- You will also analyze emerging SDR technologies and applications and
- Work with APL staff and sub-contractors to put together cost, performance and schedule.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related area
- At least 1 year of FPGA design experience
- Have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to starting
- A Masters degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related area and previous experience with software development is a plus
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top