*Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering Opportunities for New Grads 2019-2020
- Laurel, MD
Are you searching for engaging work in a technical community that prioritizes innovation and personal development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a mission-driven, intellectual environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
New college graduates are important members of the APL community. We are seeking the next generation of big thinkers to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. We value your unusual perspectives, creative thinking and disruptive ideas as essential to discovering defining innovations.
At APL, you will work in dynamic teams charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities. As an incoming new graduate with a real passion for electrical or computer engineering including you may find yourself...
- developing novel embedded software applications used for data acquisition and control in advanced RF and communication technologies.
- designing circuit board electronics and field programmable gate arrays for space flight instrumentation hardware and ground support equipment.
- crafting and implementing digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for software defined radio (SDR) systems in non- traditional navigation applications
- designing, developing and implementing applications related to communication systems, distributed computing, sensor network simulations, and vulnerability assessments.
- prototyping software/hardware wireless systems and perform system integration and testing for complex communication and networking technologies.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You may be right for APL if you…
- BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, ECE, or related field.
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a higher level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Back to top