- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country's toughest national security problems?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes innovation?
If so, we may be looking for you to join our group at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL)!
The Tactical Intelligence Systems Group of the Asymmetric Operations Sector is seeking a Data Scientist to develop cutting-edge solutions for challenges in data science and machine learning!
As a Data Scientist, you will....
- Primarily apply knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analysis, and software development to solve big data challenges
- Explore current academic research to maintain technical edge and enable innovation
- Collaborate with laboratory, for-profit contractors, and sponsor teams to address critical sponsor needs
- Effectively communicate results to both JHU/APL and sponsor leadership
You'll meet our minimum qualifications for the position if you...
- Possess a B.S. or B.A. in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Are experienced with machine learning or deep learning and Python
- Can be successfull working in a team environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong problem solving and organizations skills and are able to determine priorities and adjust to evolving project and sponsor needs
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship
You'll go above and beyond our minimum qualifications if you...
- Possess a M.S. or M.A. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Science, or related field
- Have a minimum of 4 years of experience with machine learning or deep learning and statistical analysis; active security clearance
- Possess an active secret (or higher) clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top