Do you want to contribute to work that is essential to maintaining our national security?
Are you excited by the challenge of understanding complex systems?
Are you a results-oriented individual with a drive to achieve excellence in everything you do?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join the System Performance and Analysis Group, KBS, a talented team of scientists, engineers, and analysts.
We are seeking a dynamic and creative person to help us better analyze strategic systems for the Navy and Air Force. You'll be joining our team of hardworking technical specialists, who are dedicated to the advancement of test and evaluation and analysis.
As a Data Scientist in KBS...
• Your primary responsibility will be to apply your analytical capabilities to assess the health of strategic systems and provide insights for improving system effectiveness.
• You will contribute to quick turn-around special studies by collaborating with other analysts, developers, program managers, and sponsors, to deliver informative and impactful technical products to sponsors that will drive their decisions.
• You will create, maintain, and improve analytical software tools.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
• Possess a BS degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, engineering, physics, or a related discipline.
• Have experience creating informative data visualizations.
• Have experience in data cleaning and automating iterative processes.
• Are willing and able to occasionally travel to meetings and sponsor sites.
• Hold an active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
• Have experience in drawing impactful conclusions about the performance of systems from large data sets.
• Can create graphical user interfaces.
• Have experience using statistical programming languages such as R or SAS.
• Have experience with data mining, statistical analysis and machine learning.
• Have experience managing large data sets.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. If qualified, you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top