Data Management Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about building solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We want talented individuals who can work as part of an integrated team to define, architect, and document a modernized large scale cross-agency system that provides highly impactful capabilities to the intelligence community (IC).
As a member of our team, you will…
- Primarily support leadership to define a modernized Data Management Architecture
- Work with customers and project teams to define the architecture, requirements, and identify gaps and dependencies
- Work with project team(s) to solve specific technical issues in the execution of a complex data sharing architecture roadmap
- Support leadership in tracking and providing information to IC stakeholders
You'll meet our minimum requirements if you have…
- 15 years experience in systems engineering
- Bachelors degree in computer science, data science, systems engineering or related discipline
- 5 years experience working with the Intelligence Community (IC) with an understanding of IC operations at a high level and some basic understanding of portion(s) of the technology that enable operations
- Experience defining and documenting large system (system of systems) architectures (in the IC preferred)
- Data Management knowledge
- Requirements Management experience
- Experience working successfully within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- TS Clearance with full scope polygraph
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have…
- Large system (system of systems) integration experience
- Experience in Agile processes.
- Experience with other DoD and/or IC customers.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top