Data Flow Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about building solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are looking for data management and dataflow engineering specialists to help transform analytic capabilities in the Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
As a Data Flow Engineer, you will...
- Primarily be responsible for modernization of data flows and formats and data tracking for advanced analytics.
- Work with sponsors and project teams to define requirements, identify gaps and dependencies, define new formats, analyze data tracking information and support development of implementation plans.
- Knowledge of data flow metrics and services in a complex enterprise with data in multiple formats that must comply with strict compliance, routing, and storage requirements
- Familiarity with visualization approaches and data metrics
- Understanding of data storage technologies and strategies
- Systems engineering skills in requirements management, architecture and design, integration testing, and technical writing
- Dataflow and data management skills to include Apache NiFi, Dataflow as a Service (DFaaS), ElasticSearch, Data tracking & metrics, data privacy and compliance
- 15 years experience in systems engineering
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related discipline
- Active TS clearance with TS/SCI w/ full scope polygraph eligibility
- Hands-on, working expertise with Apache Ni-Fi
- Experience in dataflow engineering in the IC and DOD
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top