- Laurel, MD
Do you enjoy developing creative solutions to challenging problems?
Do you want to make significant contributions to national security through software and systems engineering?
Are you passionate about working with groundbreaking next generation technologies?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join us at APL.
We are seeking a motivated and creative Data Architect to help us develop large-scale data architectures and designs to support some of the country's most critical national security challenges. You will push the boundaries across dynamic and large-scale data science systems, assuring the confidence in and performance of our machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data analytics systems. You will provide strategic technical leadership on emerging computer and data science and associated technologies, develop internal research projects and external collaborations, and advance artificial intelligence as a strategic advantage. Your will help us transform data into the knowledge that will enable decision-makers to make informed choices in defense of the nation. You will join a hardworking team in an inclusive environment where we value intellectual curiosity, innovation and creativity.
As a Data Architect you will…
- Primarily be responsible for architecting and implementing complex data systems that support end-to-end software systems. Your will support homeland protection, cyber operations, and military priorities. Your contributions will be the bedrock of our artificial intelligence and machine learning systems. You will work with a complementary team of scientists, engineers, and analysts focused on building new applications, algorithms, software, and user-interfaces.
- Build networks and relationships with internal and external partners to execute the foundational data engineering activities necessary for sound software systems.
- Collaborate with teams across the lab to build state-of-the-art capabilities. You will research, investigate, and experiment with new technologies and look for creative new uses of software technologies in unconventional ways.
- Contribute to technical project evaluations and promote proven systems engineering methodologies.
You meet our minimum qualifications for this position if you…
- Possess a BS degree in computer science, information science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Have 5 years of software and data architecture experience.
- Have practical experience engineering large-scale software systems supported by complex databases.
- Are passionate about building analytical systems in a friendly and collaborative environment.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top