Data Analysis and Visualization Developer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
APL is seeking a Data Analysis and Visualization Developer to be a critical part of the transformation of the data systems that drive and support business decisions throughout our organization. As APL embarks on a series of projects to deliver our next-generation decision support systems, you will use your experience and skill developing and maintaining solutions that facilitate data-driven decisions for our mission areas and end users.
- Work with project teams, end users, and program management stakeholders to identify data and information requirements in support of business objectives. Leverage analytic and visualization tools and techniques to design, develop, and implement comprehensive solutions that support decision making throughout the organization. (65%)
- Ensure robust delivery of data services by maintaining and enhancing existing information delivery and decision support operational solutions (35%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent related training, certification, and professional years of work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years business application and information solution design and development
- Experience with data management, data analytics development, and database programming
- Knowledge of visualization/dashboard design techniques and tools for data analysis and presentation
- Knowledge of database design, SQL and software application development competencies
- Experience working with users to elicit requirements and developing solutions to meet business needs
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details Ability to quickly learn and apply new processes and technologies
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including technical and non-technical audiences
- Master's Degree in Data Analytics, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Experience delivering solutions with market leading analytics and visualization tools, e.g., Tableau, D3, Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with leading statistical analysis and predictive tools, e.g., R
- Experience delivering solutions using a broad range of delivery methods including structured analytics dashboards, decision support models, ad-hoc reporting
- Experience with Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing implementation methodologies, architectures, and designs
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server relational databases
- Experience delivering solutions using Big Data tools and technologies
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work as required to meet critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top