Cybersecurity Hunt Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you interested in being part of a highly collaborative Cybersecurity Hunt Team?
Are you inquisitive and analytical with expertise in Cybersecurity?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Hunt Analyst to help us Hunt for advanced threats, pivoting on and analyzing data to identify malicious behaviors. Perform real-time incident handling, independently following and creating procedures to analyze and contain malicious activity. Collect evidence to include digital media, logs, and malware to perform analysis associated with cyber intrusions. Maintain an understanding of attack methodologies and use information operationally. Make recommendations and create or modify processes and procedures based on knowledge of advanced threat behaviors. Identify and analyze threats, using OSINT, Threat Intelligence and leveraging enrichment resources.
As a Cybersecurity Hunt Analyst:
- Your primary responsibility will be to monitor, analyze and respond to infrastructure threats, contribute to Computer Network Defense, and create solutions to augment Defensive Cyber Operations at APL.
- You will develop and enhance content and methods for monitoring and incident response, leveraging data extraction techniques for further analysis.
- You will develop and enhance processes, work flows, and documentation.
- You will determine high fidelity behavioral patterns and create content in multiple tools.
- You will participate in project and cross-functional security teams requiring interaction with system administrators, networking staff, application developers, IT operations staff, and cyber research and development areas within the organization in order to identify and implement information assurance controls and risk mitigation techniques for IT operations.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, a security related discipline, or equivalent experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities
- 7 years of experience working in a cyber security environment
- 5 years of experience in operational information security environment
- Proficient understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Proficiency with extracting and manipulating data, using scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, SPL or others
- Proficient understanding of threat intel and advanced attack methodologies
- Demonstrated ambition to further current knowledge and understanding by exploring new concepts and applying to cyber security
- Developed and enhanced content and methods for monitoring and incident response
- Experience with network forensics and analysis, leveraging pcap, netflow and network based approaches to identify advanced adversaries
- Technical experience in some of the following areas: Splunk, Endpoint Detection & Response, Active Directory and authentication anomalies, Suricata, Zeek, Full Packet capture technologies, Firewall, Proxy, Sandbox technologies, Memory analysis, Host based anomaly detection, and Netflow anomaly detection techniques
- Experience and understanding of Red Team and Threat Emulation techniques
- Knowledge of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures used by advanced adversaries, including lateral movement, privileged escalation and persistence techniques
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have ...
- Master's Degree in Information Security/Assurance or security related discipline
- Performed malware analysis and provide feedback to analysts based on analysis and cyber hunting
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top