Do you have experience with systems engineering and development for cybersecurity?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US and her allies?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will...
Help drive research, innovation, and the application of cutting edge cybersecurity solutions needed to defend our nation's air and missile defense systems from cyber threats while honing your cybersecurity and engineering expertise. More than simply satisfying compliance, you will apply cybersecurity engineering as a multi-faceted technical discipline aimed at driving rigorous systems engineering principles into the design, development, and operation of cybersecurity capabilities within the Navy's complex systems.
- Merge state-of-the-art cyber resilience techniques with risk management into systems engineering teams and drive the deliberate definition and implementation of cybersecurity controls, technologies, and solutions.
- Provide full systems engineering support across the system development lifecycle including concept definition, requirements, architecture, design, development, integration, and testing.
- Work with experts to integrate COTS, GOTS, and Open Source cybersecurity products into comprehensive cybersecurity solutions specifically tailored for DoD tactical systems.
- Analyze complex mission systems for cybersecurity vulnerabilities and risks.
- Demonstrate system strengths and weaknesses through hands-on testing.
- Devise innovative ways of applying sound cybersecurity principles within a constrained system.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this positionif you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field.
- At least 2 years of experience in systems engineering, cybersecurity engineering, or concept development for complex systems.
- Experience in requirements development, architecture product development, high-level design, product development, or test and evaluation.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, DoD policy, and NIST guidance on Cybersecurity, Cyber Resilience, Cyber Risk Management, System Hardening, or Vulnerability Assessment.
- Excellent communication skills. Highly motivated and ability to work independently to plan, problem solve, and produce results.
- An ability to occasional travel and work at military facilities including underway on US Navy ships and aircraft, requiring occasional work outside of and in excess of normal working hours.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou have:
- MS or PhD: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Cyber Security, Computer Information Systems Security or related field.
- Five or more years of experience performing systems engineering for AEGIS, SSDS, or Navy shipboard combat system elements or similarly complex DoD systems.
- Experience in Cyber Security engineering.
- Operational experience with Navy systems is a plus.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied PhysicsLaboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most criticaldefense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection ofchallenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APLpromotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefitsand healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Back to top