We are seeking cybersecurity engineers to help drive research, innovation, and the application of cutting edge cybersecurity solutions needed to defend our nation's air and missile defense systems from cyber threats.
Hone your cybersecurity and engineering expertise in support of our nation's air and missile defense systems. More than simply satisfying compliance, cybersecurity engineering is a multi-faceted technical discipline aimed at driving rigorous systems engineering principles into the design, development, and operation of cybersecurity capabilities within complex systems. Merging state-of-the-art cyber resilience techniques with risk management, cybersecurity engineers are integrated into systems engineering teams and drive the deliberate definition and implementation of cybersecurity controls, technologies, and solutions. Provide full systems engineering support across the system development lifecycle including concept definition, requirements, architecture, design, development, integration, and testing. Work with experts to integrate COTS, GOTS, and Open Source cybersecurity products into comprehensive cybersecurity solutions specifically tailored for DoD tactical systems. Analyze complex mission systems for cybersecurity vulnerabilities and risks. Demonstrate system strengths and weaknesses through hands-on testing. Devise innovative ways of applying sound cybersecurity principles within a constrained system.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field.
- At least 2 years of experience in systems engineering, cybersecurity engineering, or concept development for complex systems.
- Experience in requirements development, architecture product development, high-level design, product development, or test and evaluation.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, DoD policy, and NIST guidance on Cybersecurity, Cyber Resilience, Cyber Risk Management, System Hardening, or Vulnerability Assessment.
- Excellent communication skills. Highly motivated and ability to work independently to plan, problem solve, and produce results.
- MS or PhD: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Cyber Security, Computer Information Systems Security or related field.
- Five or more years of experience performing systems engineering for AEGIS, SSDS, or Navy shipboard combat system elements or similarly complex DoD systems.
- Experience in Cyber Security engineering.
- Operational experience with Navy systems is a plus.
Special Working Conditions: Occasional travel and work at military facilities including underway on US Navy ships and aircraft, requiring occasional work outside of and in excess of normal working hours.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top