Cyber Systems Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Do you have experiencesolving cyber systems security challenges and applying systems engineering to cyber mission operations capabilities?
Are youpassionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challengesinvolving the defense of the US and our allies?
If so,this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Asa Cyber Systems Engineer, you will...
Develop and apply a detailed understanding of computer, network, systems, and cybersecurity concepts to create, assess, and operationalize novel approaches to solving cyber system security challenges in development and operational environments. Engage with the external community to promote APL's involvement in the end-to-end lifecycle development of cyber mission operations capabilities and systems cybersecurity.
- Lead, create, analyze, and assess novel techniques for computer network operations, including characterization of advanced cyber mission capabilities and cybersecurity products.
- Lead systems engineering efforts to design, develop, and deploy complex software architectures and systems with a focus on enterprise systems cyber security, mission systems cyber security, cyber warfare capabilities, and/or critical infrastructure cyber security components.
- Analyze and evaluate the cyber security of computer-enabled systems and mission-relevant software applications.
- Document and present findings, results, concepts, recommendations, and mitigation strategies.
Youmeet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security or related fields.
- 3 years demonstrated experience with computer systems and networks with knowledge and experience of architectural frameworks, requirements elicitation and analysis, and software systems integration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to both lead and work in teams.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou have:
- 10 years' experience in the design, development, and deployment of complex software architectures and systems with a focus on full spectrum cyber mission operations.
- Knowledge and experience with architectural frameworks, requirements elicitation and analysis, human/systems integration and software systems integration.
- Experience in conducting research and development of cyber capabilities for the purposes of network defense.
- Experience in the development of related documents that define processes, solutions, requirements, and specifications for government agencies (military, federal D/As, state, and local) and public organizations to collaborate and achieve greater cybersecurity.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top