Cyber Physical Systems Security Researcher
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about defending our nation's critical infrastructure from attacks?
Are you searching for significant system development and integration work?
Are you interested in leading research into assuring autonomous system safety?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) Security Researcher to help us provide security research expertise on DoD, DHS, and other sponsored programs. As a member of our team, you will contribute to exciting cyber-physical projects in support of our government's efforts to keep the country safe.
As a Security Researcher...
- Your primary responsibilities will be to lead research projects and conducting concept development and to perform analysis of cyber physical and autonomous systems with respect to security and safety.
- You will develop and present proposals, briefings, and/or reports to technical specialists, collaborators, and sponsors.
- You will write research papers and participate in technical conferences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Controls Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields.
- Have 5 years of experience conducting research in cyber-physical systems
- Have proven knowledge and advanced technical skills in cybersecurity, real time operating systems, systems engineering, and/or data analysis.
- Are skilled in concept/prototype implementations
- Are proficient in software engineering
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Have proven ability to work in small teams and demonstrate critical thinking in developing solutions to complex problems.
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have domain knowledge in autonomous systems or industrial control systems.
- Have knowledge of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and/or data science.
- Have previously worked with Allen Bradley, RSLogix, and/or other Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Have demonstrated successful team leadership experience.
- Have previous experience with writing government, and/or corporate grant proposals.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top