Cyber Physical Systems Security Engineer
Do you want to implement novel solutions to defend cyber physical systems?
Are you highly skilled engineer passionate about cybersecurity?
Are you searching for meaningful work protecting our Nation's critical infrastructure?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) Security Engineer to help us provide expertise to the DoD, DHS, and other sponsored programs. Our group focuses on critical infrastructure protection projects, but we are interested in defending cyber physical systems in general. As a member of our team, you'll implement prototypes of solutions to sponsor problems. You'll be joining an impressive team of engineers and scientists who are tasked with solving some of our country's most complex cyber security problems. We are passionate about our sponsor's missions. You'll be an active contributor to improving our Nation's critical infrastructure.
As a Cyber Physical Systems Security Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be performing cyber security solution engineering for cyber physical system such as Industrial Control Systems and Internet of Things devices.
- You will analyze requirements, architect systems, develop concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and conducting testing and evaluation.
- You will prepare documentation and present solutions to our sponsor programs.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Controls Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- Have 2 years of experience as an engineer working with an understanding of the system development lifecycle (requirements, architecture, design, development, testing)
- Have proven knowledge of Cyber Physical Systems, Real Time Operating Systems, and/or Cybersecurity.
- Have a strong background with concept/prototype implementation experience
- Are proficient in at least one programming language combine with software engineering experience
- Are able to obtain a Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Master's Degree
- Have 5 years of engineering experience
- Have knowledge of autonomous systems
- Have experience with Allen Bradley, RSLogix, or other Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top