Cyber Data Scientist / Researcher
Job Summary: The Information Technology Services Department (ITSD) at APL is looking to hire a Data Scientist that can develop inventive, cutting-edge prototype solutions to tradecraft-driven problems for DoD and IC customers by blending latest research and industry best practices. The candidate will help develop analytics and visualization software with the goal of providing insight into cyberspace problems, i.e, Cyber situational awareness (SA). The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology/software and produce analysis based products to enhance cyber SA for DoD and IC customers on a regular basis.
1. Apply expertise in cyber, quantitative analysis, machine learning, statistical modeling, software development and data mining to develop and implement techniques to interpret network traffic for our sponsors within DoD and IC.
2. Document research approaches and analysis artifacts.
3. Explore promising new research and maintain/gain technical edge required for projects. Share approaches and methods.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, with 5 or more years of practical experience as an Analyst in a cyber related domain.
- Experience with SQL and other programming languages (C#, Java, etc.). Basic understanding of statistical and graph analysis
- Eligibility to obtain up to a Top Secret clearance.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with DoD and /or IC customers.
- Basic understanding of statistical and graph analysis.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, UDP and how the Internet works at a protocol level.
Special Working Conditions:
Some limited travel (up to 10%) to customer sites may be required. Occasional weekend and other after-hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. Applicant must meet the requirements for access to classified information and be eligible for clearance higher than TS.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top