Contract Closeout/Records Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC, is seeking a Contract Closeout/Records Administrator.
Support the full range of prime contract and subcontract closeout team activities, and manage the team’s database and electronic records.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Support the gathering, preparation and filing of internal and customer required prime contract closeout documents. Interact with Laboratory staff, including Contract Managers, Billing Accountants, Program Managers and Financial Managers to ensure contract and closeout requirements have been met. Interact with Laboratory subcontractors regarding rate settlement and required closeout documentation. (60%)
- Support the close out of basic prime contracts and subcontracts. (15%)
- Assist with the implementation of an electronic contracting process and record-keeping system leveraging SharePoint and internal Lab business systems. Refine and maintain closeout tracking database/spreadsheets, and validate and file necessary documents on the Contracts Group SharePoint site. (15%)
- Track and respond to prime contract and subcontract related data requests from DCAA and DCMA. (5%)
- Perform special assignments/projects as assigned. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ administrative experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong problem solving, communications and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment, multi-task and react to shifting priorities, and interact effectively at all organizational levels
- Highly proficient with the MS Office suite of software.
- Experience with contract closeout administration
- Experience in a federal government contracting environment
- Familiarity with basic federal contracting practices
- Practical knowledge of SharePoint
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other federal government acquisition regulations
- Knowledge of APL’s business systems (e.g., Data Warehouse, FPB, EBSS, Billing, etc.)
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top