Configuration Management Analyst - Space Flight Projects
Have you always wanted to working on space-flight systems?
Are you passionate about baselining and change management? If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Configuration Management Analyst to help us perform configuration management activities in support of complex spaceflight projects through all phases of development and operation.
As a Configuration Management Analyst...
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop and implement project-specific configuration management plans for space flight projects in accordance with Laboratory and Sponsor requirements.
- Using the PTC Windchill PLM tool and other Laboratory resources, you will implement and manage the product structure for a variety of space flight projects. You will place project documentation, drawings, software, and associated data under configuration management in accordance with project configuration management requirements.
- Using the PTC Windchill PLM tool and other Laboratory resources, you will implement change control processes including developing and routing Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) for approval in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Using the PTC Windchill PLM tool and other Laboratory resources, you will perform configuration status accounting, including maintaining product configuration traceability, numbering conventions, proper control of configuration items, revision status and cross references.
- You will perform functional and physical configuration audits to verify that the as-built configuration of space-flight deliverables are conforming to their technical documentation as well as functional requirements.
- Using the PTC Windchill PLM tool and other Laboratory resources, you will prepare, assemble, and deliver End-Item Data Packages for all space-flight deliverables, in accordance with Laboratory and Sponsor requirements.
- You will assist in the organization of project documentation deliveries across technical disciplines to meet schedule obligations.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a BS degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have 3 or more years of direct working experience in configuration management.
- Have previous experience using Windchill PTC PLM tool.
- Are familiar with specs related to configuration management as well as ISO 9001 or AS9100.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Are a dependable team player.
- Are willing to occasionally work long hours and weekends.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have an MS degree with 5 or more years of related experience in configuration management.
- Are familiar with various CM software tools for end-to-end change management.
- Have the ability to create and design CM data management structure and product structure for space-flight systems.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top