Computer Vision / Machine Learning Research Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative environment?
Does devising and developing groundbreaking applications for everything from UAVs to spacecraft sound like your dream job?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking aComputer Vision and Machine Learning Research Engineer to develop inventive, ground breaking solutions for challenges in machine perception. You will be joining our team of hardworking scientists and engineers dedicated to the development of novel imaging and perception systems for remote sensing and Earth observation.
As a member of our team, you will...
- Primarily conduct research to engineer practical solutions for imaging systems based on groundbreaking methods in computer vision and machine learning
- Contribute to state of the art research and author and present your work at leading academic conferences and workshops
- Engage with sponsor and user communities to understand critical needs and assess the practical impact of your work
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a proven understanding of computer vision and machine learning theory
- Possess practical experience applying machine learning to computer vision tasks using Python and modern frameworks such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Can demonstrate the ability to communicate complex ideas orally and in technical writing
- Have completed a Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- Possess the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience working in a collaborative environment
- Are passionate about and experienced in developing open source research software
- Have experience publishing at a top-tier computer vision conference
- Possess a Master's or PhD degree in a related discipline
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top