The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Component Engineer.
Job Summary: Perform EEE parts selection and approval, specify parts screening, qualification, and acceptance test requirements, and review and approve parts test data in support of Civil (CS) and National Security Space (NSS) sponsors.
- Serve as a component engineer on major CS or NSS spacecraft missions and instruments. (90%)
- Support proposal development, parts cost review, and heritage. (5%)
- Assist in the sustainment of QMS resources documenting component engineering best practices, parts procurement instructions, and test data archives. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- BS or equivalent in electrical engineering or related field to component engineering.
- At least 10 years experience in all aspects of EEE component engineering on major NASA programs.
- Must have strong, demonstrated interpersonal and technical skills.
Previous APL component engineering experience. 15 years of EEE component engineering experience. Ability to tackle diverse problems with minimal supervision. Good familiarity with differing mission parts requirements for civil and national security applications.
Special Working Conditions: None.
Security: No security clearances are required; however Secret is desired.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top