Communications Research Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Do you have experience with researching communications and networking engineering?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Communications Research Engineer, you will...
Conduct communication and networking systems engineering research activities in support of Cyber Operations, Special Operations, and Homeland Protection Business Areas. Communication systems include wired and wireless line-of-sight and satellite communications systems and networks.
- Contribute to the research and development of potential future concepts and technological solutions to advance global connectivity. Advance and apply new technologies to enable evolution of existing communication and networking systems to higher data rates, increased resilience, and greater interoperability.
- Support the development of modeling and simulation (M&S) tools and conduct analyses to evaluate the performance of specific communication and networking systems.
- Conduct communication and networking systems engineering activities, including system requirements, architecture, design, test, and evaluation.
Youmeet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physical sciences, mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- 1 years experience in communications and network systems engineering.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to do some local travel to sponsor sites may be required.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a governmentsecurity clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access toclassified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou have:
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- 5 years experience in commercial and/or government communication and network systems engineering.
- Recent knowledge of DoD and/or intelligence community, sponsors, and programs.
- Current TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance.
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied PhysicsLaboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most criticaldefense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection ofchallenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APLpromotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefitsand healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top