Communications and Signal Processing Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Communications and Signal Processing engineer.
Job Summary: Communications and Signal Processing Engineer
- Modeling, signal analysis and system performance characterization.
- Receiver design and waveform definition for satellite communication and navigation applications.
- Support hardware team with signal measurement and analysis.
- RF satellite link budget and systems engineering.
- Documentation: test plans, user guides, memos.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Expertise in signal processing, communications and/or control systems.
- Experience implementing signal processing algorithms in software or firmware.
- Familiarity with RF systems and microwave propagation.
- Ability to work both independently and with an interdisciplinary team of engineers.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills, including ability to describe algorithms and methods, author peer-reviewed articles, and present at conferences.
PhD or 5 years direct experience in signal processing or communications, including peer-reviewed publications. Expertise with technical computing languages such as MATLAB/Simulink or Python. Familiarity with communication design and modeling software such as GNURadio, LabView or SystemVue. Experience in FPGA programming for software-defined radios and radars. Familiarity with space communications and link budgets. Familiarity with analog or digital circuit design.
Special Working Conditions: None
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
Back to top