Communication Signals Processing Engineer
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Communication Signals Processing Engineer.
Conduct communication signal processing activities in support of Cyber Operations, Special Operations, and Homeland Protection Business Areas.
1) Development of digital signal processing algorithms and analysis tools. (20%)
2) Conducting data processing and analysis; performing signal detection, characterization, and geolocation operations. (20%)
3) Designing prototype systems and implementing algorithms in hardware systems as research progresses toward practical application. (20%)
4) Participating in customer-sponsored field tests. (10%)
5) Defining sensor and signal processing system requirements for optimal performance against signals of interest. (15%)
6) Building and testing signal collection and processing systems, to include development of operational prototypes. (15%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
BS in electrical engineering, mathematics, or related technical discipline. Demonstrated ability to implement an algorithm or signal processing method based on a literature search or technical description. Strong analytical skills in adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and or stochastic processes. Fluency in MATLAB, SIMULINK, or similar simulation environment. Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Preference given to applicants with active Secret Clearance.
MS or Ph.D. in electrical engineering or mathematics with 3 years experience in commercial and/or government communication and network systems engineering. Experience in performing research and development in support of defense or intelligence community sponsors. Current TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance.
Special Working Conditions: Some local travel to sponsor sites may be required.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
Back to top