Classified Systems Administrator I, SCNI Team
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Provide computer hardware/software support in configuring, installing, and maintaining systems and networks used in classified laboratory environments.
Security Clearance Required.
- Provide technical operations and support of a large and diverse classified network environment including: system lock-downs in accordance with STIG requirements, system builds of both virtual and physical Windows-based computers and client applications. Research, recommend and implement new hardware and Operating System (OS) configurations required to support approved projects and initiatives. Actively scan systems using DoD approved tools and remediate findings in accordance with policy. (50%)
- Independently troubleshoot varying complex system issues, perform security audits, and maintain systems in accordance with applicable NISPOM/Industrial Security Standards/ODAA classified systems security practices and procedures. (25%)
- Provide documentation as appropriate (e.g. ticket creation and maintenance, e-mails, process improvements, knowledge base articles). Give technical presentations as needed. Lead small projects and initiatives. (15%)
- Responsible for account administration on classified networks of all General USER Accounts and Privileged USER Accounts in accordance with DAAPM (4.8.2 AC-2) and other duties as assigned. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field; or in lieu of a degree, 5 years' relevant IT professional work-related experience
- At least 2 years of technical support experience in a large size Microsoft Windows IT environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy.
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP and networking protocols.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Current Security or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification or ability to obtain required certification within six (6) months of employment
- Experience locking down Windows systems in accordance with DoD STIGs
- Experience managing and maintaining virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced server and networking issues.
- Scripting experience
Special Working Conditions:
Working in closed areas, occasional travel to field office.
Top Secret clearance required. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top