Classified Facility Administrator
- Laurel, MD
Are you an information technology and cybersecurity professional with a passion for Space?
Are you an energetic team player who wants to launch an impactful career contributing to strategic space intelligence and dominance efforts?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team in the National Security Space Mission Area (NSSMA) in the Space Exploration Sector (SES) at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL).
We are seeking a Classified Facility Administrator to implement National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM),Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements for all our securefacilities. As a member of our team, you'll provide hands-on operational support to leading scientists and engineers working on critical missions to ensure information systems and related technical infrastructure are available, effective, and compliant.
As a Classified Facility Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
Ensuring compliant operation and inspection readiness for securefacilities, technology systems, records and conferencing applications. Managing andcoordinating day-to-day operations of secure facilities, to include scheduling,controlling access lists, changing lock combinations, and providing general oversight of compliance-related activities.
Ensuring information and assets remain protected while properly credentialed visitors are escorted inside secure facilities. Determining, coordinating and maintaining visitor clearances, access lists, and associated certifications.
Performing routine operational checks and trouble-shooting toverify the health and operation of critical systems to include access and alarm control, audio/visual display, video teleconferencing (VTC), perimeter sensor & security panels, and the physical envelope and related infrastructure including locks, doors, alarms, walls, lighting, cooling, power, etc. Coordinating with enterprise service providers including plant engineering, information technology and networking services, fire, health & safety, and housekeeping.
Maintaining information system (IS)accreditation packages under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include System Security Plans (SSPs),artifacts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and related attachments.
Implementing and managing securityrequirements as defined by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency(DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), National IndustrialSecurity Program Operations Manual (NISPOM), and related Government directives and guidelines.
Managing and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of facility assets from procurement to disposition.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology (IT) field or combination of equivalent level of relevant experience and education in the information technology or cyber security domains.
- Possess working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DoD Policy such as Traditional Security STIG as well as Risk Management Framework (RMF) Controls.
- Possess excellent organizational and oral/written communications skills. Demonstrate the ability to promote a cooperative team environment using well defined methods and creative solutions.
- Established history of collaborative work efforts that have examined and considered tradeoffs to determine the most effective approach to resolve unexpected problems.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills with an emphasis on maximizing office automation through the use of the full MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and independently on specific tasks with guidance.
- Hold an active SECRET security clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for maintaining access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate ability to independently analyze and identify cost-effective solutions for addressing use of existing and future classified computing resources.
- Familiar with the development of SPP's, POA&M's, SOP's and supporting Authorization and Accreditation documentation
- Have experience with the Security Information Management System (SIMS) in support of industrial security programs
- Possess a deep understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and application software.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top