BSB Group Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. is seeking a Group Administrator.
Provide administrative and system support to the Business and Communication Services Department (BCSD) Contracts Group.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Perform a range of Group Administration duties including: reconciliation and logging of Lab’s proposals, coordinating and disseminating special proposal status/metrics reports, reporting and data compilation related to internal and external data calls, analysis and processing of government funding de-obligation requests, maintaining group property and associated database; procuring supplies and services, and managing associated budgets; processing travel requests/reimbursements; coordinating sometimes complex logistics for meetings, teleconferences and events; coordinating space planning, fit-up and office relocations (including remote locations), and on-boarding new staff members. (40%)
2. Oversee data entry and integrity for a $12B portfolio of contracts and other agreements in the Lab’s business and record-keeping systems (e.g. FPB, EBSS, ECMS, SharePoint) to include project setup and maintenance, data gathering and analysis, and report generation. (40%)
3. Provide administrative support to functional teams within the Contracts Group (e.g., NAVSEA Contract, Closeout, Grants/IPAs, EBSS/Oracle Contracts project). (10%)
4. Assist in the documentation of group practices and procedures and other special projects as assigned. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing administrative office support/management.
- Highly proficient with the MS Office suite of software, notably Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, problem solving and use of discretion to resolve issues.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to:
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Anticipate problems and initiate action
- Handle multiple tasks and projects, and react to changing priorities while maintaining work quality and accuracy
- Communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related discipline.
- Experience in a federal contracting environment.
- Familiarity with JHU/APL’s business systems.
- Proficient with SharePoint.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top