Brand Communications Specialist
Do you have a passion for engaging others in a common cause?
Are you an organized perfectionist who gets things done?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We're seeking a team member to help us make our campus and our events engaging for staff and stakeholders. As a member of our communications team, you will help us promote and protect APL's reputation by executing events and physical displays that reflect our institution's strategic vision and unique identity.
As a communications specialist:
- Your primary responsibility will be overseeing and executing marquee events on everything from satellite launches to artificial intelligence conferences. You'll meet with internal and external stakeholders to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- You will manage physical installations of communications products across our 2.9 million square foot campus.
- You will be responsible for remote staff engagement on Lab-wide priorities.
- You will help create informational materials on our public programs for staff and stakeholders.
- You will facilitate engagement with APL representatives on special projects to include: facilities, special events, staff experience, culture and community.
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners, like HR and executive leadership.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, social sciences or a related field
- Have experience managing events to include developing plans monitoring budgets, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders and negotiating with vendors
- Can operate independently, set priorities, and adjudicate competing needs in a fast paced organization
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Are an exceptional writer and communicator
- Have the capacity to interact, organize, and motivate across multiple levels of the organization.
You meet our desired qualifications if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in messaging to include branding, collateral creation, and integrated campaigns
- Have experience working with creative and/or graphic design teams
- Know how to use event management digital tools
- Have experience working effectively across multiple levels of organization.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of like-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top