Blockchain Software Developer
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about building solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative oriented environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We develop software systems to address challenging national security problems that enable analysts and commanders to make decisions and get to the next level of understanding in domains as diverse as cyber operations, social media analysis, and blockchain technologies. We want talented individuals who can work as part of a team to design, implement, test, document, and maintain blockchain systems using our custom software stack to provide highly impactful capabilities. You will combine software engineering expertise with the latest software research to build rapid prototypes and then turn them into mature product solutions.
As a Blockchain Software Developer, you will…
- Lead agile development teams that design, implement, test, document, and maintain software-based applications that meet sponsor requirements
- Work with sponsors and end users in government organizations to understand their operations and identify requirements
- Seek out new and innovative ways to improve task efficiency and document software approaches
- Stay abreast of the blockchain industry and other best practices to ensure we provide our sponsors with the best solutions
- Explore promising new research areas and maintain/gain technical edge required for projects. Share approaches and methods
- Establish relationships across organizational boundaries to increase collaboration.
You’ll meet our minimum requirements if you …
- Possess experience using web application frameworks and related knowledge base such as Flask, Bootstrap, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, RESTful web services and SQL and NoSQL databases
- Possess experience working successfully within a team environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you …
- Possess a Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- Possess experience with US Government sponsors, especially in the DoD and/or IC
- Possess experience supporting Law Enforcement
- You may be required to do limited travel to customer sites.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top