Associate Analyst - National Security Analysis
- Laurel, MD
Do you wonder whysupermarket aisles are organized the way they are?
Do you like playing withinformation and data and seeing what you can learn from it?
Do you ever wonder howthe government operates and why?
Do you want to take yourschooling and life experiences and learn to apply it to some real-worldproblems in the National Security area that significantly effects our country,now and into the future?
If so, we're looking forsomeone like you to join our team in the National Security Analysis Department (NSAD) at APL. Our mission is to provide groundbreaking analyses that offer possibletechnical solutions to the Nation's challenges and shape the long-term analyticstrategy of APL.
We are seeking recent college graduates to help us conduct insightful quantitative and qualitativeanalyses that address critical national security and military challenges. We use a defined, rigorous, and defendableprocess, to deeply understand the major elements of those challenges across thewhole of the operational and strategic context, to draw insights that informcritical National Security decisions.
Our team tackleschallenges like technical systems performance, operational missioneffectiveness, training and proficiency assessment, real world operations, allyand partner interoperability, policy and legal concerns, and many othertechnical and operational factors that craft a rich tapestry of interwovenmatters. You will work collaboratively with analysts and specialists throughoutthe organization and help us foster a work environment that values diversity.
As an Associate Analyst inthe National Security Analysis Department...
- Your primary responsibility will be contributing to and supporting a team conducting technical and operations analysis of current and future technological systems to gain deep understanding of their operational usage and associated training, logistical, command, control, and communications, doctrinal, policy, and organizational considerations to support our governmental sponsors.
- You will help the analysis team to identify effectiveness measures and data requirements, craft analytic approaches, interpret results, and document and communicate results.
- You will support the analysis team in developing internal and peer-reviewed publications and assist the team in presenting the work to diverse audiences, including colleagues, Laboratory leadership, and government sponsors.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess strong analytic curiosity and creativity.
- Have a willingness to apply your academic training and develop your critical thinking skills.
- Can operate as part of a diverse analytic team in the execution of assignments.
- Have developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Are comfortable engaging with government sponsors as part of the analytic team.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in the physical sciences, mathematics, operations research, and engineering. or have a Bachelor's degree in social sciences with coursework in statistics, operations research, quantitative or qualitative research methods, or a minor or secondary major in the physical sciences or mathematics.
- Are able to obtain Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have recent Department of Defense or other government experience.
- Possess an active Secret or higher security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top