Assistant Information Systems Security Manager
- Laurel, MD
Do you love ensuring classified systems are in compliance with federal government guidelines?
Are you passionate about Information Systems Security Management?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Assistant Information System Security Manager dedicated to lead our DoD Network SSP Team. You will provide Security Management oversight, Information Assurance (IA) and Authorization and Assessment (A&A) support for various classified DoD networks at JHU/APL. While ensuring our DoD Networks and classified systems are in compliance with established policies of the Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), and the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) you will work closely with the GENSER ISSM in fulfillment of DoD Team Lead duties.
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide A&A support for DoD systems such as SIPRNET, MDACNET and SDREN.
- You will assist in the coordination of communications with external agencies/services (e.g. DISA, MDA, NAVSEA).
- You will schedule test and evaluations, collaborate and coordinate security procedures, and validate implementation of security requirements.
- You will support the Information Systems Security Manager in coordination with our sponsor work.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or in a related field or equivalent professional experience and/or combination of certifications/training
- A minimum of five years professional experience with computer systems, SSP documentation and review in a DCSA/DoD environment.
- Have broad understanding of system level software and operating systems, to include Windows, Linux, Unix, Virtualization software,
- Working knowledge of computing hardware, desktop applications, and computer networking (LAN/P2P/WAN)
- Strong understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM), DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual, RMF, and DoD policies/requirements
- Familiarity with DoD Networks (SIPRNET and MDACNet)
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- Senior level understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Plan of Action and Milestones and tools such as eMASS, HBSS and ACAS.
- Proven customer service, interpersonal effectiveness, strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Hold an active Secret security clearance and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- M.S. degree in Information Systems (IS), Computer Science (CS), or Business (with IS/CS minor) or equivalent years of professional work experience.
- Some Linux/Unix computer experience (at least 3 year practical experience desired).
- Experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top