Applied Signal Processing/Algorithm Development Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Do you love applying your signal processing experience to solve complex problems in the RF domain, in particular, electronic warfare?
Are you willing to take chances with new and creative methods to solve the nations toughest challenges?
Do you want to work in an atmosphere where risk taking, innovation, and creativity are openly encouraged and sought out?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a creative signal processing engineer to help us build innovative technology applications for the next generation of electronic warfare systems. Your work will contribute to ensuring the US and its allies the dominate the RF spectrum. You'll be joining our hardworking team of system engineers, algorithm developers, FPGA and embedded software engineers, and advanced EW technology enthusiasts who enjoy working together to craft creative solutions to complex challenges. You will contribute to a variety of interesting projects in a team environment that fosters inclusion and diversity of thought.
As a Signal Processing Engineer:
- You will develop novel concepts to defeat enemy radar and communication systems. This work will involve a multitude of sub-disciplines in the signal processing field.
- You will study current and future radar and communication systems and evaluate their performance.
- You will be involved in the end to end modeling and performance evaluation of new systems being designed.
- You will be involved in prototyping of new concepts.
- You will brief sponsors and internal APL
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- Master's of Science degree in Engineering with a concentration in signal processing, or related discipline
- Strong MATLAB or Python programming skills
- Coursework in estimation and detection theory, communication systems, or statistical signal processing
- Five years experience in signal processing design and analysis
- Are able to obtain a Secret level clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- Machine learning coursework or experience
- Ph.D. in signal processing, estimation theory
- 10 years or more in signal processing field
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top