Are you passionate about analyzing complex problems with state of the art software and computing capabilities?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Modeling and Simulation Analyst to help us evaluate and define solutions to enable the U.S. military to conduct air combat operations in complex operational environments. You will be joining a diverse and hardworking team of analysts who support wide-range of military sponsors analyzing challenging technical and tactical problems. We strive to foster an environment of experimentation and creativity to address some of our country's most important challenges. As a member of our team, you will analyze the capabilities and tactical employment of novel air combat systems and capabilities.
As a Modeling & Simulation Analyst...
- Your primary responsibilities will be to collaborate with a small team and use mission-level modeling tools such as AFSIM and Brawler to analyze the effectiveness and employment of airborne systems operating in complex environments.
- You will help develop, evaluate and analyze tactics and concepts of employment for ground breaking technologies such as air platforms, sensors, countermeasures, weapons and systems including manned-unmanned vehicles.
- You will work with Strike Fighter Tactics Instructors to build detailed models and accurately represent the way aircrews make tactical decisions and commit operator errors in high consequence conditions.
- You will develop and present formal documentation to technical specialists, operational partners, and sponsors.
You will meet our minimum qualification for the job if you...
- Have a BS degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Aerospace, Electrical or other Engineering degree
- Have 1+ years of experience with modeling and simulation OR experience working in the air-to-air domain
- Have strong scripting and programming skills with any of the following languages: Python, MATLAB, C/C++, FORTRAN and JAVA
- Are willing, able and passionate about learning air-to-air concepts to perform mission-level analysis with modeling and simulation tools
- Hold an active SECRET security clearance and are able to acquire a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government secret clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have 2+ years of experience working with the air-to-air domain
- Have 2+ years of experience using the Brawler or AFSIM mission-level modeling tools
- Have experience in one or more areas: statistical analysis, physics-based modeling and simulation, air vehicle survivability analysis, missile systems, and air-to-air analysis
- Have a MS or PhD degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Aerospace, Electrical or other Engineering degree
- Have an active Top-Secret security clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.