Air Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Capability Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Do you enjoy analyzing state-of-the-art systems?
Are you passionate about working with groundbreaking, next-generation technologies
Do you want to make significant contributions to improve essential U. S. Naval capabilities through operations analysis and test and evaluation?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join us at APL.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, and analytical candidate to help us assess the design and influence the capability development of NAVAIR's Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Systems. We are looking to push the boundaries of system capabilities by providing critical support to NAVAIR's Advanced Development, integration and testing community. Your contributions will help us transform data into knowledge, enabling decision makers to make informed choices on the future direction of NAVAIR's ASW mission systems. You will join a hardworking and expert team of engineers, subject matter experts and software developers in an inclusive environment that values creative collaboration and innovation.
As a Air Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Capability Analyst, you will...
- Apply operational and system engineering/analysis skills to the performance analyses of NAVAIR ASW mission systems. You will join a complementary team of engineers, subject matter analysts and software developers focused on assessing in-lab and at-sea system performance to inform future development decision-making and optimize operational utility and employment.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in working groups to assess systems at the operational, functional, technical, and system performance level to inform the future development direction. You will research, investigate, and experiment with next-generation analysis capabilities and look for creative applications in unconventional ways. You will have the opportunity to share your analysis and methodology across multiple peer working groups and organizations.
- Collaborate with system developers and analysis team members to ensure in-lab and at-sea test scope, analysis methodology, appropriate measures of performance and data required to execute analysis are comprehensive. You will participate in advanced development planning and testing as a subject matter expert at developer/Fleet facilities or at-sea in support of assessment of NAVAIR ASW systems.
You meet our minimum qualifications for this position if you…
- Possess a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or equivalent level of recognized experience.
- Have operational experience as a Maritime Patrol Aircraft Tactical Coordinator (TACCO).
- Are passionate about applying operational experience and analytical skills in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and are skilled at developing relationships across organizational teams.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are proficient at multi-tasking, prioritizing assignments, communicating progress and meeting deadlines.
- Are willing to travel occasionally to participate in system test, delivery, and integration tests at sponsor or customer sites.
- Have an active Secret or higher level clearance and are able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for an SSBI and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Have a MS in EE, Math or other related technical discipline with an academic emphasis on signal processing, communications, or state estimation.
- Have operational experience as a Maritime Patrol Aircraft Tactical Coordinator (TACCO) onboard P-8A Aircraft.
- Posses strong MATLAB skills for assessing algorithm performance along with a strong understanding of data analysis and statistics.
- Have 5 years of experience leading a technical team.
- Have previous experience with evaluation of U.S. Navy combat systems performance.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top