- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country's toughest national security problems?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
If so, we are looking for someone like you!
The Tactical Intelligence Systems Group of the Asymmetric Operations Sector is seeking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Scientist to develop ground breaking solutions for challenges in the intersection of artificial intelligence and national security. Our group is a diverse mix of people that like to explore, build, share, invent, and collaborate.
As an AI Scientist, you will...
- Primarily apply knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, mathematics, data analysis, and/or software development to meet sponsor needs
- Explore promising new research areas to maintain and gain technical edge required for projects, including novel algorithm development
- Connect with other teams to participate in the full pipeline of algorithm development, from conception to integration
- Collaborate with our laboratory, government, academic, and industry partners to address critical sponsor needs
- Effectively communicate results to both JHU/APL and sponsor leadership
You meet our minimum qualifications if you...
- Possess a B.S. or B.A. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Science, or a related field.
- Are familiar with principles of machine learning and deep learning.
- Are proficient in at least one modern programming language (Python, C/C , C#, etc.)
- Have proven success working in a team environment; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and ability to determine priorities and adjust to evolving project and sponsor needs.
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You go above and beyond our minimum qualifications if you...
- Possess a Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Science, or related field.
- Have 4 years of hands-on experience with machine learning, deep learning, data science and national security problems.
- Have an active security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL),a national leader in scientific research and development, brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top