Advanced Development Program Area Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Program Area Administrator.
Job Summary: Provide administrative support for the Advanced Development Program Area (KPD), to include the Program Area Manager and six Program Managers. Provide administrative support to the Precision Strike Mission Area (PSMA) Chief Scientist and Chief Engineer. Manage daily operations of the KPD group office by assisting KPD staff in organizing workflow to meet external sponsor and Program Area requirements. Work closely with other Mission Area and Sector staff to coordinate administrative activities.
- Provide general group support to include coordinating travel arrangements, generating expense reports, assisting with group communication (telephone, internet, email, interoffice mail) information technology (IT) and office supply needs. Assist the Program Area Manager with external communications. Handle group overhead purchases via credit card and order, track, receive, report and reconcile activities each month. (20%)
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Financial Managers, Program Management Assistants and technical staff to compile and compose Transmittal Letters (TLs) for reports and technical memos to Sponsors for Program Managers' review and signature. (15%)
- Serve as the KPD Security Representative to include: ensuring Collateral classified holdings are properly maintained and accounted for, assisting the Security Department (SECD) with incoming and outgoing visit requests (Collateral and TS/SCI), assisting in the management of closed areas, handling classified transmittals, and coordinating classified and unclassified meetings and conferences as required. (15%)
- Assist Program Area staff by arranging support for sponsor meetings, to Include sending meeting requests, collecting and tracking clearance Information, preparing briefs, order catering, taking notes and tracking action items (15%)
- Serve as the KPD Group Property Administrator; place and track procurements; generate purchase requisitions and justifications; submit and monitor purchases via APL Procurement System (EBSS); contact manufacturers and order requested items; organize, track and report procurement expenses, coordinate special shipments and arrivals; process and track incoming purchased items. (10%)
- Assist the PSMA Chief Scientist with coordinating, tracking, and executing the annual PSMA Internal Research and Development (IRAD) activities, to include managing the PSMA IRAD Share Point site, scheduling review sessions, coordinating IRAD submissions with technical staff, and ensuring proper, timely, and efficient execution of the IRAD review and selection processes. (15%)
- Assist the PSMA Chief Engineer with special report preparation and tracking. Plan, coordinate, and assist with the execution of conferences to include: assisting with external APL communications, managing internal and external registration websites, conducting liaison activities with Visitor Control, arranging facilities and food service, facilitating attendee check-in, and ensuring the timely tracking of conference receipts and expenditures. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of relevant administrative support experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably and effectively with multiple levels of management and leadership, internally and externally.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent individual willing to take on additional challenges and develop new capabilities as required.
- Active Secret or higher level clearance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- Prior relevant experience working in a DoD programmatic environment
- 5-10 years relevant administrative experience
- Experience in working within a teaming environment, and taking a significant role in executing tasking on schedule and within budget.
- Experience with APL's program management tools (APS, CARD, EBSS, ER), SharePoint, and Data Warehouse
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel to Sponsor facilities and APL field offices.
- Ability to accommodate occasional irregular working hours required by time sensitive tasking.
- Willingness to work within closed facilities and act as a courier, as required.
- Familiarity with Secure VTC facilities within FPS to coordinate scheduling and participation between APL technical staff and peers.
Security: TS/SCI Clearance is required to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top