Advanced Concepts Analyst
Are youpassionate about developing creative solutions to unusual multi-disciplinarychallenges?
Do you havean interest in building the future of America's defense and security?
If so, we'relooking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We areseeking an Advanced Concepts Analyst to help us design and evaluate futureweapon concepts for the U.S. military. As a member of our team, you'llcontribute to some of the most important challenges for the next generation ofmilitary systems including hypersonics, autonomous platforms, and electronicwarfare. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers and scientists whowork together to create innovative solutions to our country's most challengingproblems. We strive to foster an environment of creative autonomy withincollaborative dynamic teams.
As anAdvanced Concepts Analyst...
- Your primary responsibility will be to analyze the effectiveness and employment of precision weapons in challenging operational environments.
- You will construct novel analytic approaches to never before seen problems
- You will work in multi-disciplinary teams developing algorithms and technologies which will revolutionize the future of military and homeland systems.
- You will use best-in-class simulations to conduct high-dimensional tradestudies for future weapon system requirements.
- You will develop and present briefing materials to technical specialists, operational partners, and sponsors
You meet ourminimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS in Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Have 2 year's experience in executing rigorous quantitative analyses, such as design of experiments (DoE) and mathematical optimization.
- Have strong scripting and scientific computing experience with any of the following languages: Python, MATLAB, C/C
- Are skilled in communicating insight to technical and non-technical audiences
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll goabove and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess an MS or above in applicable field with >5 year's experience in executing operational analyses
- Are familiar with: Complex Adaptive Systems; stochastic processes; data science; machine learning
- Possess an active security clearance
Why work atAPL?
The JohnsHopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-classexpertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and sciencechallenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robusteducation assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Ouremployees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campusis located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our careeropportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status,veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top