Accounts Payable Expense Report Auditor
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an Accounts Payable Expense Report Auditor.
Audit and process expense reports and accounts payable transactions to ensure accurate and timely payment to Laboratory staff and vendors.
- Audit and process travel expense statements in accordance with government regulations and internal policies (80%).
- Perform other accounts payable duties as assigned (15%).
- Respond to DCAA audit requests (pulling voucher/check support for vendor paid invoices and expenses (5%).
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in expense reporting or accounts payable processing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of staff and vendors
- Demonstrated skills to process expense reports and accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (MS Office and financial systems)
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of independent and team based problem solving
- Experience with the Oracle ERP Accounts Payable and Internet Expense modules and/or other APL computer systems
- Business experience in a DoD or Government contracting environment
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top