Requisition #: 16358
Functional Area: Training; Transportation Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Remote / Work from Home in the US - Midwest Region
Work Hours: Non-standard work hours including evening and weekend travel
The purpose of this position is to conduct training for drivers operating commercial motor vehicles between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds. These driver-trainees are employed by clients and their partners. Training consists of classroom instruction, range training, road training and a road test.
- Conducts classroom training on DOT regulations, safe vehicle operation, and other topics related to the safe and effective operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle. Administers tests to determine pass/fail.
- Administers road test to evaluate the driver's ability to effectively and safely manage the vehicle in environments they will encounter on the job. Determines final pass/fail on driving skills.
- Assists management with identifying and obtaining appropriate training locations (classroom, range, and behind-the-wheel), vehicles and other resources necessary for training.
- Works with support staff to ensure training materials and other resources are available and operational when needed.
- Provides feedback on training effectiveness and opportunities for improvement to training development staff.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
- Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and margin targets.
- Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
- 1+ year of Class A driver training experience, including classroom and behind-the-wheel.
- Experience using electronic logging devices and applications desireable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possess valid license for the type(s) of vehicles used in the training.
- Ability to comply with the Federal Driver Qualification File requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle regulations.
- Proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Independent decision-making skills and good judgment.
Work is performed in multiple environments, including office, classroom, and vehicle. Work involves the operation of a commercial motor vehicle on a range and public roads.
While most of the training will be conducted within driving distance, occasional travel to other training center locations may be required based on business needs.
Travel requirement: 50-60%.
At J. J. Keller, we are Difference Makers because the work we do truly matters. We protect people's lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune® 1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments. View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program and you will earn a cash payment if your referral is hired. Learn more here.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Job Segment: Delivery, Curriculum, Training, Work from Home, Driver, Retail, Education, Contract