ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
This DevOps type role has complete autonomy and accountability to build out the testing infrastructure for the Support Organization. This person will also provide functional tooling to make everyone’s job easier—items such as TDA, log aggregation and parsing, SSH access, and more. Finally, this person will be leading the entire Jive organization on this effort, and will be working cross functionally with IT, QA, Engineering, PS, and other departments to drive this initiative and to make sure the best possible test environment architecture is built across departments with knowledge re-use. This is an independent role, so this person must be extremely self-motivated and a great self-learner!
- Build and manage Jive Support's test environments for all of Jive's products and integrations so that Jive has 100% test environment coverage
- Provide tools to the Support Organization to drive velocity within the organization. For example, log file aggregation, improved reporting, better memory leak detection, improving bug fix creation process, and more...
- Work cross functionally across departments to ensure a single global test environment solution.
- Actively work alongside Support Opreations team to drive overall improvement in customer experience
- 3-5 years experience in DevOps or similar type of role
- Scripting language and Linux administration knowledge
- Awareness and ability to use latest virtualization and automation software
- AWS experience preferred
- Familiarity with high-availability environments providing 24x7 service
- Independent and self-motivated
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Flexibility: You look to constantly improve and lean into new challenges.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate.
Jive Software, Inc. follows an equal opportunity policy. For more information, please click on the following link:
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top