Territory Sales Manager (D)
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work better together.
Jive Software is seeking an ambitious and talented Sales Executive, responsible for selling subscription based software and solutions to large named accounts/targets in a specified region. The Sales Executive will use a consultative approach to sell collaboration/knowledge management software to Fortune 1000 companies. With over 3,600 customers, market leader rankings from top industry analyst and support from some of the top Venture Capitalist Firms Jive Software has the product and the momentum to offer the best of breed solution in this emerging Enterprise 2.0 space.
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, Sales Engineers, Professional Services and other Sales Leadership to develop a sales strategy and business imperatives that will maximize sales objectives into named accounts
- Direct tactical implementation of business plan to meet objectives
- Work directly with “C-level” executives to close large complex enterprise software deals across business lines in an assigned territory working with Sales Engineering, Product Marketing and Professional Services when appropriate
- Prospect, develop, close, and prepare appropriate documentation for enterprise sales contracts
- When appropriate, work closely with the Channel in assigned territory in an effort to leverage selling efforts into the area
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company.
- Prepare quarterly forecast reports
- Update and maintain sales opportunity and forecast system as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with "C-level" executives across functions within customer organizations to gain commitment, obtain resources and achieve desired results
- Able to provide an expert degree of major account management and control
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- High degree of product knowledge and technical terms used by customers in combination with Jive Software products Expertise with use of sales information databases.
- At least 8 years of sales experience in the enterprise software industry
- Candidates must have experience bringing new products/technology to market
- At least 3 years of recent experience selling CRM, ECM or WCM software
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement
- BA or BS degree preferred
CULTURE: THE JIVE 5
- Jive Pride: We are passionate about our vision, our product, and changing the way people work.
- Customers First: Our best days are when we help our customers be successful and open up new possibilities for companies to work better together.
- Jivers Rock: We are gritty GNAKS (Good Natured A** Kickers) who take on big challenges and are relentless in our commitment to help each other be successful.
- Push the Boundaries: We are constantly curious, always striving to innovate and deliver exceptional outcomes.
- One Jive: Our values of community, teamwork and diversity are unwavering.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive Software offers a very generous benefits program, which includes an employee stock option plan, generous PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, short term and long term disability, and 401(k).
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at www.jivesoftware.com/jobs
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top