Technical Support Engineer - Swing Shift
Technical Support Engineer – Swing Shift
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
We are seeking an intelligent, highly motivated Support Engineer with excellent communication and trouble-shooting skills to join our support team. The ideal candidate is passionate about delighting customers, an excellent problem solver, and is self-directed. This is a terrific opportunity to join a highly motivated, growing team and to contribute daily to the success of our customers as well as cultivate advanced Java skills. As Jive is fortunate to be a growing company, this job offers opportunities to advance for top performers.
- Identifying, reporting, and patching bugs in our application code.
- Answering both technical and non-technical questions for customers.
- Solving problems in complex customer deployments.
- Documenting solutions in our online community.
- Making recommendations on areas of process improvement.
- Finding ways to improve the overall customer experience.
- Providing feedback on our products from a customer and technical perspective.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
- Experience in Java software development and web development.
- Knowledge of standard web technologies, including application servers, web servers, relational databases, browsers, etc.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with deploying Web Applications using the Tomcat Servlet Container.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements against Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres.
- Experience setting up and managing an Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres database.
- Experience using CLI (command-line interface) on either Linux or Mac OSX.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top