Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's leading companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is the place to be.
We are seeking an intelligent, highly motivated, Technical Support Engineer with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills to join our talented Support team. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, an excellent problem solver, and is self-directed. This is a terrific opportunity to join a highly motivated, growing team and to contribute daily to the success of our customers. As Jive is fortunate to be a growing company, this job offers opportunities to advance for top performers.
The role requires a deep technical knowledge of Java based software applications, and a consultative approach to working with global Support, Engineering and Project teams across Jive and our 3rd Party vendors.
- Owning the resolution of issues in complex customer deployments
- Answering both technical and non-technical questions for customers, in core hours and when on call
- Identifying, reporting, and patching bugs in our application code
- Contributing and maintaining KB articles
- Making recommendations on areas of process improvement
- Finding ways to improve the overall customer experience
- Providing feedback on our products from a customer and technical perspective
- Mentoring team members and sharing knowledge throughout the team
- Commercial 2nd/3rd Level Technical Support exposure in a large systems server environment
- Advanced analytical, problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolutions skills
- Good working knowledge of:
- Core Java and Java EE
- Java Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Troubleshooting capabilities of common Browsers: Developer Tools, Console, HAR
- Experience of SSL, key exchange (public and private)
- Networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN
- Experience of working in a business critical 24 x 7 Service Support environment
- Installing, patching and configuring Java applications
- Experience using CLI on Linux
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements against Postgres, Oracle or MySQL
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- Jenkins, Git, SVN, Maven, IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Familiar with using RESTful APIs
- Experience of troubleshooting LDAP and SAML SSO configurations
- Experience with the Struts and Spring frameworks
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritising multiple tasks in a proactive manner
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top