Technical Support Analyst
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Social Software is awesome, especially when you get to use it at work, but even the best software breaks sometimes. That's where the Technical Support Analyst comes in.
In short you will be accountable for delivering outstanding technical support to our customers to make sure their experience is a positive one. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced customer service representative who has a passion and desire to learn our technology to take their career to the next level.
- Interface directly with Jive customers on our industry leading collaboration solutions using online cases submitted to Jive Technical Support.
- Use your outstanding research and troubleshooting skills to manage and resolve customers’ product questions and issues. Provide technical feedback with a strong perspective on customer needs.
- Clearly define the issue and use excellent judgment on cases to identify priorities. Effectively juggle these priorities with great time management skills.
- Maintain happy customers by using your customer service skills to keep communications clear, positive, polite, productive, and responsive.
- Identify root cause issues and look for patterns in cases to make sure they don’t happen again.
- Use your strong writing skills to document solutions in our online community.
- Collaborate with Support, Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Accounting teams to resolve product issues.
- Share what you know and always be willing to help your peers, other organizations within Jive, and our customers.
- 2-4 years of customer service experience.
- 1-2 years of technical support relating to hardware, software, IT, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of web-based and Microsoft Office applications. Ability to quickly learn our product.
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive, customer-centric attitude.
- Good analytical skills. Can quickly identify the root cause and offer a succinct solution.
- Well-organized, always follows through on commitments to customers and colleagues.
- Flexible, with the aptitude to manage multiple tasks in a thriving, fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Skilled technical writer able to document problems and solutions for customers and support colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field
- Knowledge and experience working with social software applications
- SQL programming and experience with Oracle and/or Postgres
- Experience with Linux
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top