Software Engineering Intern
2017 Software Engineering Intern
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
At Jive, your ideas and contributions matter. You'll be working for a company that values open collaboration and problem solving across all experience levels and departments. As an Engineering Summer Intern you will have the opportunity to interact with passionate people who are changing the way work gets done. Our teams deliver market-leading software that millions of people use.
The position is located in Portland, Oregon.
- Core Product: Do you have a strong passion to develop large scalable Java web applications that will be used by millions of people? This team is working on maintaining, enhancing and adding all the great features, functions, processes and tools that come together to make up Jive's award winning social business platform.
- The first week will be getting acclimatized to Jive’s software development practices and will check in their first bug fix within that week.
- From there forward, they will be given work that sonstantly pushes their comfort zone and gets them experience in different areas of the product and different technology stacks.
- Currently obtaining a Computer Science/Software Engineering major
- Above average Java skills
- Fundamental Linux administration experience
- Relentless passion for working on great Web Applications/Services
- Class Level: Junior or Senior
- Position is located in Portland, Oregon
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented:You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven:You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial:You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate:You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top