Social Business Consultant
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Jive Software is seeking a Business Consultant to join the Professional Services team. Ideally you'd be based out of the San Francisco Bay Area but candidates near a major airport will be considered. This role will work with Jive’s largest and most complex clients in formulating and implementing their strategy around usage of the Jive solutions.
The Business Consultant works directly with our customers to help them get their Jive community set up and ready for launch. This position requires strong customer interaction skills and a demonstrated background working with business teams to deliver complex, web-based projects. The successful candidate will be a natural and proactive leader, while maintaining the highest quality of delivery and attention to detail. This position represents an exciting opportunity to work with a wide array of the latest web technologies, while helping some of the best known global companies realize measurable business value with the Jive platform.
The aim is for the Business Consultant to be viewed as a trusted advisor to Jive customers and work in a way that maximizes opportunities for both parties.
- Serve as a Jive platform configuration expert working with clients to recommend and implement solutions with limited configuration alternatives to support customer business requirements
- Assist in facilitating strategy engagements with customers both onsite and remotely, and continue to work with them, helping them troubleshoot specific issues and ensuring that customers are deriving the desired business results
- Configure communities and train customers to manage their communities after they launch
- Deliver community management best practices based on Jive standards
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Use basic knowledge of technical trends in business process technology to support implementations
- Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues
- Work with customers to define data integration requirements and load customer data files
- Manage change with multiple stakeholders, steps, and deliverables
- Identify opportunities for growth within our clients’ businesses, leveraging our software and services to deliver measurable results
- Bachelors degree and/or MBA
- Experience implementing / managing Jive communities including configuration
- 5+ years’ experience in Consulting, Client Relationship Management, project management, or professional services
- Strong business consulting background with a proven track record of delivering pragmatic value in a very compressed time frame
- Strong experience and well-versed in Web 2.0 tools, concepts, and processes (Social Networks, On-Line Communities, Enterprise 2.0, Social Media monitoring, wikis, blogs, social networking, microblogging, etc.)
- Experience with collaborative initiatives within and between enterprises including B2B, B2C and Employee initiatives including collaborative portals and communities of practice
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills - as well as the writing and analysis necessary to create high-quality workshop materials
- Experienced with structured method
- Must be willing to travel regularly (up to 50% of the time)
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate.
Jive Software, Inc. follows an equal opportunity policy. For more information, please click on the following link:
Back to top